Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.* Thieves® Oil Blend is formulated with highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-infectious essential oils. This proprietary blend has also been documented to kill over 99.96% of bacteria on contact. It is also a popular ingredient in skin and hair care products.
For dietary, aromatic, or topical use. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as goat’s or rice milk. Diffuse for short periods of time (1/2 hour or less) in the work or home environment.
Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Always dilute before applying to the skin or taking internally. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use on children under 4 years of age
Clove† (Syzygium aromaticum) – has a sweet, spicy fragrance that is stimulating and revitalizing. An important ingredient in Thieves® Blend due to its wonderful immune-enhancing features, its principal constituent is eugenol, an element that is used in the dental industry to numb gums. Clove is the highest-scoring single ingredient ever tested for its antioxidant capacity on the ORAC scale.
Lemon† (Citrus limon) – has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that amplify immunity. It promotes circulation, leukocyte formation and lymphatic function.
Cinnamon† (Cinnamomum verum) – has the wonderful cinnamon scent loved around the world. Warming and stimulating, it is comforting during the cold season. Many people find it highly romantic. Historically, cinnamon was so popular it was the main reason behind the occupation of Ceylon by first the Portuguese, then the Dutch and then the British.
Eucalyptus radiata† – is cooling, refreshing and energizing. Lighter in smell than Eucalyptus globulus, it nevertheless has many of the same health-supporting properties. Because it is relatively gentle and non-irritating, it is the preferred choice for children. This variety is one of the most versatile of the eucalyptus oils and is suitable for topical use, diffusing, and even direct inhalation. It has long been an ingredient in some of our most popular blends.
Rosemary† (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol) – has a fresh, herbaceous, sweet, slightly medicinal aroma. An energizing oil, it may be beneficial for helping to restore mental alertness when experiencing fatigue.
† 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oil.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Obligatory Disclaimer: The information on this page is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician.
103 Uses for Thieves Essential Oil
“Thieves Oil Blend keeps me healthy all year long, even when everyone else in the office is sick. I do not go a single day without applying this wonderful essential oil blend.” P.K.
ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
1. CUTS/WOUNDS: Dilute with V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex and apply 1 drop to area to prevent infection and promote healing.
2. SORE THROAT: Mix with 1T water, gargle, and swallow.
3. BRONCHITIS: Apply 1-2 drops undiluted directly to the skin of your upper chest and throat.
4. HEADACHE: 1 drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth.
5. ACNE: Take internally and apply to 1-2 drops to skin diluted with Young Living’s V-6™ carrier oil.
6. COLD/FLU PREVENTION: 1-2 drops directly on the soles of your feet.
7. LUNG CONGESTION: Breathe in the vapors.
8. PHLEGM: Add 1 drop to orange juice and drink.
9. Use to clean pet cages.
10. Add to dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
11. Add to laundry cycle for cleaner clothes.
12. Add to mop water for cleaner floors.
13. BATHTUBS: Mix with baking soda to clean.
14. REPEL INSECTS ON PLANTS: Mix with water to make a spray.
15. Use to dissolve the gummy adhesive labels.
16. INSECT BITES/STINGS: 1 drop to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
17. GUM DISEASE/TOOTHACHES/CAVITIES: Apply 1 drop to gums.
18. NICOTINE CRAVINGS: 1 drop on the tip of your tongue.
19. COLD SORES/CANKER SORES: 1 drop directly to area
20. HERPES: 1 drop on the tongue and a drop in a glass of water daily.
21. SHINGLES: Mix 50:50 with V6™ vegetable oil and rub on daily
22. WARTS: 1-2 drops topically, inhale and ingest in capsules to make them disappear.
23. ARTHRITIS PAIN: Rub 1-2 drops on sore joints
24. COLDS: Drink a 1-2 drops in water or juice every three hours.
25. COUGHS: Mix a few drops with honey or agave in a teaspoon for cough relief.
26. CARPETS: Put a few drops in your carpet steamer/cleaner to disinfect carpet.
30. LARYNGITIS: 1 drop under your tongue to restore voice.
31. ALLERGIES: Inhale aroma.
32. LYME DISEASE: Take a capsuleful daily.
33. AIRPLANE TRAVEL: Carry a bottle on every flight to protect you from germs.
34. HOTEL GERMS: Drop in the heat/AC vents.
36. FOOT FUNGUS: 1 drop undiluted to the toes and feet.
37. POISON IVY: 1-2 drops to poison ivy rashes (may need to be diluted with vegetable oil).
38. PERMANENT MARKER: Drop on a cloth to remove.
41. Apply 1 drop onto toothbrush to sanitize.
Thieves® essential oil blend with the Young Living® patented diffusing system creates a safe and simple means of filling your home with therapeutic benefits. Many forms of bacteria and mold spores linked to many common ailments can travel through the air. Diffusing Thieves adds an extra layer of protection by purifying the air while adding an uplifting scent to your home.
Diffuse in homes or businesses to:
42. solve mold problems.
43. stimulate a cheerful mood.
44. increase concentration and work efficiency.
45. ward off germs.
46. Diffuse in the house as your children come home from school every day to kill airborne bacteria.
47. Diffuse in the classroom to reduce student sickness and absenteeism.
HOUSEHOLD CLEANER (Best if used with purified water.)
48. Light Degreasing: 1 capful to 3c of water
49. Medium Degreasing: 1 capful to 2c water
50. Heavy Degreasing: 1 capful 1c water
51. Window and glass cleaner: 1 capful to 5 qts water or 1t to 1qt of water for spray bottles
52. Hand cleaner: 1/2c to 1/2c water
53. Dishwasher: 1 capful
54. Pot and Pans: 2 capfuls to 3c water
55. Floors: 1 capful to 6 cups water
56. Walls: 1 capful to a little less than 2c water
57. Fabrics: 1 capful to 2c water
58. Laundry: 1-2 capfuls
59. Carpet: 1 capful to 6+ c water
60. Sanitize and freshen bathrooms and toilets.
61. Cut grease on kitchen counters and stovetops.
62. Clean and disinfect floors.
63. Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances like tree sap.
64. Use to wash fruits and vegetables from the supermarket.
65. Add to the water in your vacuum cleaner/steamer to cleanse the air and disinfect the carpet.
66. Use to wipe chairs and furniture in school classrooms to cut down on student sickness.
67. Scrub old floors to remove old varnish and prepare for refinishing.
68. Clean upholstery.
69. Clean upholstery and dashboard of car.
70. Soak off burnt food in pots and skillets.
I thought I was going to have to throw away my stock pot
after a cooking recipe gone bad. I used Thieves Cleanser full strength, applying a thin layer to burned area and letting soak overnight.
I used a pot scraper to get off the first round of gunk, reapplied, allowed to soak another day, rescraped and repeated.
After three days of soaking and some minimal scraping my pot was clean!! The pictures below tell the story.
71. Spray along ant trails in the house to keep them out.
“2009 has been a wet year here in the Northeast, and I hear a lot of complaints about ants taking over the house.
Several years ago, I lived in an apartment where little brown ants came in droves every spring for several months. One day I left a food wrapper in the garbage, and a short while later, the whole colony had lined up to partake of it. I followed the trail behind a desk and when I reached behind it to pull the desk out, my hand came out covered in ants!
YIKES! Without thinking, I grabbed a diluted bottle of Thieves Household Cleaner (about a capful in a 32 oz. spray bottle of water) and squirted the swarm of ants. They died so quickly they didn?t even twitch! Fascinating! I sprayed everywhere and continued to spray whenever more appeared. It always worked. And without use of toxic chemicals and icky stuff.
Sometimes I add Young Living peppermint to that same 32 oz. bottle for extra power (peppermint being an excellent amplifier) especially for larger or more resistant insects. Very little can withstand peppermint. I’m told that mice don’t like it as well. Hope this is helpful!”
– Deborah Carlton
72. Wipe or soak garbage cans to get them clean, sanitary and smelling fresh.
73. For tough stains, pour it on as a pre-wash stain remover.
74. Use undiluted to clean and kill mold on walls and floors or degrease oven.
Diffuse the Thieves® Oil Blend continuously for 24 hours in the room containing mold. Determining the length of diffusion time is directly related to the severity of mold. Clean visible mold with Thieves® Household Cleaner.
To prevent mold:
1. Diffuse Thieves® essential oil
2. Eliminate leaks and moisture.
3. Clean thoroughly using Thieves® Household Cleaner
USES FOR ANTIMICROBIAL LOZENGES
75. Take with the first sniffle and signs of a cold or sore throat to ward it off.
76. Take prior to singing performances to keep the voice strong and hit the high notes.
77. Use to hasten the healing when a cold or flu has been contracted.
78. Place in mouth as you enter an airplane to protect you from germs onboard.
USES FOR WATERLESS HAND PURIFIER
79. Use as a healthy alternative to soap and water to sanitize hands.
80. Apply to face to clear acne.
USES FOR ANTIMICROBIAL BAR SOAP
81. Rub on stains as a pre-wash stain remover.
82. Use as a deodorant or antibacterial hand soap.
USES FOR ANTIMICROBIAL WIPES
83. Wipe doorknobs and other things touched by the public.
84. Use to clean children’s hands when traveling.
85. Use on public computer keyboards and mice.
USES FOR ANTIMICROBIAL SPRAY
86. Spray on doorknobs in public restrooms to kill germs.
87. Spray in the throat to restore a lost voice.
88. Spray hands before and after shaking hands with a lot of people.
89. Spray in restrooms on airplanes to reduce airborne bacteria.
90. Spray on vegetables and fruits when washing them.
91. Carry for protection in countries with cholera, malaria or dysentery.
92. Use as an air freshener for cooking odors or other unwanted smells.
93. Take to the gym and spray all the equipment you use.
94. Take to the supermarket and use to disinfect shopping cart handles.
95. Use in the classroom for desks, tables and other items handled by children.
96. Spray in your mouth and throat a t first onset of cold or bronchitis.
97. Spray on shower stalls and bathroom walls to kill and remove mold.
USES FOR ANTIMICROBIAL MOUTHWASH
98. Rinse daily for clean breath and to keep teeth and gums healthy.
99. Gargle before a singing engagement to clear mucus.
USES FOR ANTIMICROBIAL TOOTHPASTE
100. Brush every day to prevent cavities and gum disease.
101. Use when teeth have been damaged or broken to help them heal.
102. Use to prevent or heal gum disease.
103. Apply as an underarm deodorant.
2 drops Thieves
1 drop Lemon
1 T Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (such as Braggs)
Mix in a small glass of water. Take this on an empty stomach in the morning.
This Thieves Tonic was recently mentioned in Nancy Sanderson’s post New Beginnings & Happy Transitions for 2008. A similar recipe is also shared in Training tape 73: The Power of Thieves and also on the bottle of Braggs Apple Cider Vingar. Additional research from The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates indicates unfiltered and organic Apple Cider Vinegar contains natural sediment with pectin to promote elimination and healthy bowels, trace minerals (especially potassium), beneficial bacteria, and enyzmes. The mineral content assists the body to normalize the acid/alkaline balance and cleanse the digestive tract. The potassium regulates growth, hydrates cells, balances sodium and enables proper performanace of the nervous system.
Anyone seeking to balance the acid /alkaline in their body will find help from this tonic.
Thieves helps break up mucous in the body, organs, joints, muscles, colon.
Lemon is immune stimulating and helps break through the protective casing that often occurs around opportunistic bacteria or pathogen in the body, colon, etc. It is also helpful to the liver function and blood stream.
Thieves Antibiotic Formula
In a Double Aught “00” capsule combine:
10-12 drops Thieves®
6-8 drops Oregano
2 drops Frankincense