This plant is grown and distilled on the Young Living farms.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. The French scientist Rene Gattefosse was among the first to discover these properties when he was severely burned in a laboratory explosion. Lavender may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lavender has an approximate ORAC of 3,669 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
For dietary, aromatic or topical use. When using as a supplement, put one drop in a capsule or in 4 fl. oz. of rice or goat’s milk.
Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Dilution not required; suitable for all but the most sensitive skin. Generally safe for children over 2 years of age.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Additional Uses for Lavender
Trouble sleeping in hotel beds? Make chamomile tea with 2 drops lavender essential oil in it. Drink before going to bed. Sweet dreams! (Most hotels offer chamomile tea with the coffee in your room.)
- Rub on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Rub a drop on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
- Put a drop on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
- Put 2-3 drops on a minor burn or sunburn to decrease pain.
- Drop on a cut to stop the bleeding and to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
- Mix several drops with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
- To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop on the and of the tongue, around the naval, or behind the ears.
- To stop a nosebleed, put a drop on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
- Rub a drop over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
- Rub on dry, chapped skin or chapped, sunburned lips or skin.
After-Sun Healing Spray
1/2C distilled water
1/2C aloe vera gel
8 drops Lavender
2 drops Roman Chamomile
2 drops Geranium
Blend together and pour into a 12-16 ounce fine mist spray bottle. Spray skin if you have been over exposed to the sun. This is very healing and soothing to sunburned skin. Do not get any in eyes.
- To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage on and around the affected area.
- Rub 2-4 drops over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
- Rub a drop between palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
- Rub several drops into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Place a few drops on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
- Place a drop in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
- Place a few drops on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer, which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Put a drop on a cold sore.
- Diffuse to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
- Apply 2-3 drops to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
Recipes for Lavender
Lavender Flower Water
8oz distilled water
1 drop coconut emulsifier
8 drops lavender essential oil
Combine in a dark colored (amber, for example) spray bottle. Shake periodically the first day mixed to ensure all ingredients are infused together. Enjoy
Alternate Oils you can add to Flower Water: jasmine, rose, neroli, or ylang ylang
Moisturizing Face Mask
1 t yogurt
2 t honey
1 vitamin E capsule
1 t oat flour or finely ground oatmeal
5 drops lavendar
Combine yogurt and honey. Squeeze vitamin E capsule into the mixture and stir well. Add flour and mix into a smooth paste. Add essential oils and mix. Apply with fingertips. Leave on for 15-20 minutes before removing with warm water.