LATEST NEWS – Greetings From China!
MODALITY MINUTE: Swedish Massage
Massage involving manipulating the body with pressure, tension, motion, or vibration with varying degrees of pressure. Target tissues may include muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, joints, or other connective tissue, as well as, lymphatic vessels, and/or organs of the gastrointestinal system. Massage can be applied with the hands, fingers, elbows, forearm, and feet. Oil or lotion is used to facilitate making long, smooth strokes over the body. Swedish massage is done with the person covered by a sheet, a technique called “draping”. One part of the body uncovered, massaged, and then covered up before moving on to another part of the body. A person may lay on their back, front, or side.
Swedish massage is the foundation for other types of Western massage, including sports, deep tissue.
It induces general relaxation, improves circulation and range of motion. It relieves pain and discomfort associated with muscle tension, fractures, sprains, sciatica, and stiff joints. It flushes lactic acid from tissues and replaces it with freshly oxygenated blood. It breaks up scar tissue adhesions and restores flexibility and range of motion. Those with fever, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, jaundice, internal bleeding, acute phlebitis, and thrombosis are not good massage candidates. NOTIFY THE THERAPIST ABOUT ANY HEALTH CONDITION YOU HAVE so that massage is administered to you in a way that is most beneficial.
If you have a muscle pain and stress, massage might just offer you a bit of relief and comfort. More information about massage and the treatments I offer can be found on my website
OIL ESSENTIALS: Frankincense – An Ancient Healing Oil (Part 2 of 3)
So the question is…”Is Frankincense still worth more than gold?” Like all things, value is in the eye of the beholder…and in the mind of the informed!
In biblical times Frankincense was well known for its healing powers and used to treat all ills known to man. But why isn’t that the case now as the properties of this natural substance have not changed since biblical times. Unadulterated, pure Frankincense is still anti-tumoral and immune stimulating
What has changed over the years has been our awareness, perhaps diminished by Big Pharma who cannot patent a natural plant substance in its whole form and make money on it. Or perhaps diminished by the media, which is financially supported by big corporations. But natural medicine is becoming more popular and the holistic health grass roots movement has exploded and the internet has created an even playing field.
As I mentioned before, frankincense is commonly adulterated due to its price leaving people to wonder why they do not get the benefit they expected and thereby concluding that essential oils “don’t work”. This is a problem. That is why I have chosen to use oils from and work Young Living. YL has chosen a vendor in northern Africa near the Arabian Peninsula as its primary source for frankincense. Their essential oils are 100% therapeutic grade and are jam packed with all of the benefits that you would expect!
* Not FDA evaluated or meant to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent disease.
GENTLE REMINDERS: Ten Foods That Improve Your Appearance
1. Collagen: used to make connective tissue for the skin; source – honey, which contains an the amino acid proline.
2. Essential fatty acids: nourish the skin, help maintain skin integrity and keep skin cells performing optimally; source – flax oil and walnuts.
3. Liver Cleansers: Foods that keep our livers cleansed of toxins, heavy metals and fats make our whole body function more efficiently; source – beets, broccoli, and spinach. A wrinkle causing food is yogurt.
4. Fresh Herbs: basil, dill and parsley.
5. Crunchy Vegetables: Fresh raw veggies are as good for your grin and for your skin! Celery, carrots, string beans and cauliflower contain cellulose which helps scrub stains from your teeth-giving you a whiter, brighter smile. Both the cellulose and the [other] fiber in these foods act as abrasives that clean and remove bacteria from teeth.
6. Sea Vegetables: richest source of minerals and phytochemicals. These help detoxify, rebuild, and nourish all body cells.
7. Meat/Lentils: The protein promotes cell growth and repair, which translates to younger-looking skin, fewer wrinkles, less hair loss and a glossy mane.
8. Eggs: Vitamin A is especially important for skin repair, and decreased levels can lead to dry, flaky skin.
9. Almond/Hemp Milk: high levels of magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper, vitamin E, selenium and calcium.
10. Salmon/Avocados: an anti-aging feast of omega-3 essential fatty acids and DMAE (improves facial muscle tone and reduces wrinkles)
MAILBAG: Thanks For Checking In
Since the massage, I have experienced no pain. Actually, that was your very best massage and I have noticed more relief from pain in my right shoulder area than ever before!! I am not sure what you did differently, but, you did it so WELL!! Leslie Dubin (Celebration, FL)
Have a comment? Please send it along. I’d love to post it in a future newsletter.
INTERESTED IN AROMATHERAPY AND
AN IN-HOME BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY?
TEAM SYNERGY offers tools you can’t get anywhere else and all the advantages of a ready-to-go business!